This shop has been compensated by #CollectiveBias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Superheroes are always a big hit in our home. Landon and Emmie just love them. When the first Captain America came out, we weren’t sure if we should let them watch it because we honestly thought they would be normal kids and lose interest but they ended up loving it. It was a movie that we had to buy as soon as it came out, we had to buy it. It was a movie they loved and all the Marvel movies have really wowed them.
When the second one came out in theaters, we weren’t sure again if we were going to take them. Yes they were a little older but still have trouble staying still through a whole movie. We decided to risk it and take them anyway. Of course it was a hit again. Landon especially loved it. All he could talk about for weeks was Captain America. I knew we would need to buy it when it came out and I decided to surprise the kids with a fun snack while they were at school to go along with it.
I decided to make them Captain America Ice cream Sandwiches. Not only were they easy and cute, but they also a big hit in the house. While Landon can’t eat M&M’s he thought they were great and has his own M&M free version. I grabbed everything I needed at Walmart and they even have a coupon for M&M’s if you buy the new Captain America:The Winter Soldier dvd. You can grab the DVD today at walmart and make a fun little party out of it like we did. With delicious treats like this it’s easy to see why #HeroesEatMMs.
Below you’ll find the recipe but also a rafflecopter form where you can enter to win one of ten $100 Walmart Gift card!
- 2 sticks of butter, softened
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 and ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- Giant Bag of M&M's
- Vanilla Ice cream(Or any variation that you like)
- Mix butter. If you have a mixer, can use that to whip it.
- Add both kinds of sugar. Mix until combined.
- Add eggs and Vanilla to the butter batter.
- Stop mixer, scrap sides to make sure you got all the egg.
- Continue mixing and slowly as flour, baking soda and salt.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Once batter is done, put in fridge for 30 minute to cool.
- While batter is in the fridge sort out your red and blue M&M's.
- On a pan only put enough for 6 cookies. The batter will spread so use about a 1-1 and ½ TBSP of batter.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes taking them out before the tops start to brown.
- Add M&M's in Shield Pattern immediatly.
- Let cool.
- Once cookies have cooled for about 10 minutes, place ice cream on bottom of cookie and place second cookie on top. Put in freezer for a half hour.
- Take out and NOM!