Cilantro-lime shrimp is something I’ve often seen on pinterest and wanted to try. This week my husband and I decided to take the plunge into healthier eating and while look for meals, a lot of them had shrimp. So this was it. This was my chance to finally grab everything I needed and dive straight into this delicious looking creation.
After I got started on prep, it wasn’t too hard to feel like I was moving in the right direction. The scent going through the house was even so appetizing that even my picky eater asked to sample this dish!
I was worried at first that it was going to suck. I mean even with the house smelling good enough to eat, I really don’t have a hugely successful track record when it comes to cooking. I can bake but asking me to cook is like committing taste bud suicide. Most times, my creations tend to be bland. Even when I follow directions, I fail. This time though, I think these yummy little shellfish came out perfect!
I loved that this dish is healthy but it’s also simple. There were few steps for prep and it really took me less than 10 minutes. My only suggestion is to devein the shrimp beforehand. Most people would be smart and do this but in my excitement to try cilantro-lime shrimp, I waited until my pan was completely heated to even get started on it!
When I finished, these bad boys were booming with flavor. I decided they would work really well in tacos with a slice of avocado. These little shrimp were scrumptious and the perfect entree to kick off our healthy eating! Below you can find the recipe and how to to prepare them! I know these will become a new favorite lunch, especially for someone like me who can appreciate ease when cooking. I hope that if you try these, you enjoy them as much as I did.
Serves 8-10 Shrimp
a delicious and healthy meal with a few simple ingredients.
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- ½ lb. 40/50 Count of Shrimp(I think this is medium sized) deveined
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- ⅛-1/4 TSP Chili Powder
- 2 cloves of fresh Garlic
- ¼ Cup White Onion
- 1-2 Limes
- Devine shrimp if they aren't already.
- Using medium heat, add olive oil to pan to warm up.
- Cut up garlic and onion. Add to pan.
- Add Chili powder and saute garlic and onion.
- Once garlic and onion start to lightly brown, add shrimp, a few leaves of cilantro and a squeeze or two of lime juice.
- Cooke 1-3 minutes on each side until shrimp turns pink.
- Remove shrimp to bowl or plate.
- Garnish with cilantro and a few small squeezes of lime juice.